THN102 is the Theranexus platform's first and flagship product, already in phase II for the treatment of sleep/wake disorders. It has the potential to become the standard of care treatment for sleep/wake disorders in narcolepsy and Parkinson's disease. THN102 combines modafinil, the current first-line treatment for narcolepsy, and flecainide, a drug repositioned to act on glial cells. It is the company's most advanced drug candidate. After a successful proof of concept clinical trial in 2016 involving healthy volunteers deprived of sleep, this drug candidate has now entered phase II for patients suffering from narcolepsy. In late 2017, it will begin phase II for Parkinson's disease patients suffering from excessive daytime sleepiness. THN102 has a high level of intellectual property protection and is covered by a family of patents that will expire in 2034.
- A rare disorder affecting about 300’000 patients in Europe and in the US;
- More than 90% of the patients are treated with a psychostimulant;
- More than 90% of these patients still perceive sleepiness as their most disabling symptom;
- A market size worth US$ 2B.
Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) in Parkinson’s disease:
- 2nd most frequent neurodegenerative disorder;
- 30% to 50% of Parkinson’s disease patients affected by EDS;
- No treatments currently available and a limited number of competitors at the clinical development stage;
- Non motor symptoms are the next big challenge together with neuroprotection in the management of the disease.